At Alpine Packaging, we believe keeping our planet clean is important. Sustainability is more than a corporate buzzword to us – it is essential in making sure that future generations will live in a healthy environment with the natural resources they need to thrive.
Our Alpine families are outdoor enthusiasts. Jan loves visiting Ocean City, MD, and Jill loves the waters of Lake Tahoe and Lake Michigan. Several employees enjoy camping as well, connecting with nature under the stars. Can you imagine not being able to hike through the forest or walk along a beach because of pollution and irresponsible waste management? We can’t. These natural wonders must be preserved. We want to do our part in providing a wholesome world for our children and future grandchildren.
Businesses can make significant steps in helping to protect our environment. Alpine Packaging is committed to sustainability practices that will result in a cleaner tomorrow. We constantly strive to reduce our environmental footprint with the following eco-friendly processes:
- Energy efficient lighting in the building and warehouse
- Water-based, solvent-free inks are used in our printing processes
- Recycling of electronic office equipment, newsprint, magazines, cans, batteries, and toners
- Converting cores from poly tubing into cores for labels
- Records destruction certified and recycled
- Energy efficient and chemical-free digital plate making system
- Recycling of polymer plates, processing equipment, pallets, and 55 gallon drums
- Encourage customers and suppliers to go paperless and to use electronic communication
- Employees participate in our local community environmental projects
- In 2017, we recycled 7.6 tons of office supplies and 1,247 pounds of paper
More Blog Posts
How to Make a Great Wine Label
We live in the age of visual communication. Wine, a product that primarily appeals to the senses of taste and smell, is forced to rely on its single entirely visual component—the label—to attract customers. A label must first and foremost meet stringent regulatory...
Video: Meet Alpine’s Employees – Tyler B., Digital Press Operator