After more than 20 years, the FDA has made changes to the nutrition facts label in an effort to help consumers make more informed choices on the food they purchase.
Food manufacturers with more than $10 million in annual food sales will need to use the new label by July 26, 2018 and those with less than $10 million will have an additional year to comply with the new standards.
The changes that have been made to the nutrition facts label will include the following:
- A refreshed design with a larger font size for calories, servings per container, and the serving size.
- More realistic serving sizes that are reflective of how much people tend to eat in a sitting.
- The inclusion of “added sugars” to nutrition labels.
- Updated daily values for nutrients such as sodium & fiber as well as an updated list of nutrients that must be listed.
- The removal of “calories from fat” on new nutrition facts labels.
Click here for more information about the new changes to the nutrition facts label.
The time to begin thinking about creating your product’s new nutrition fact label is now! Contact us today to see how Alpine Packaging can help make your nutrition facts label FDA compliant.
More Blog Posts
RFID (Radio Frequency Identification) labels have undergone significant evolution over the years and are expected to continue advancing in the future. Over the years, our company has worked with customers who explored how to incorporate RFID technology in their...
The wine and spirits beverage category can be very challenging for new wineries and distillers. Consumers have numerous brands and styles to choose from in a variety of shopping environments, including liquor stores, grocery stores, and gas stations. How can you make...
Alpine Packaging Expanding Capabilities with Addition of High Performance Digital Inkjet Label Printing System
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-DzOmq7P0I Alpine Packaging is excited to announce the installation of the Truepress Jet L350UV digital inkjet label printing system in their facility. The Truepress Jet L350UV delivers the inkjet technology, developed by...