Employment OpportunitiesAbout Alpine
Since 1972, Alpine Packaging, Inc. has been committed to providing high quality customized packaging, continuity in superior service, and customer satisfaction in an employee-friendly environment with the utmost integrity.
At Alpine, we are always looking for stellar talent. If you think that you’d be a valuable addition to our team, please contact us at email@example.com with the subject line: Hiring Inquiry. Click on the job title below to see its description:
Customer Service/Inside Sales Representative
General Job Description
Interact with Customers to provide information in response to inquiries/quotes about products and services, and when required handle and resolve Customer concerns, complaints and issues. The CSR is responsible for inside sales and order entry. This is a full time position with a generous benefits package. Some customer service experience in a relevant office setting, or equivalent education, is desired.
Goals & Objectives for Maintaining a Customer Focus:
- Understanding Customer Needs
- Providing Personalized Service
- Acting Professionally
- Keeping Customers Informed
- Sales Role
- Customer Relationship Manager Role
- Order Development and Entry Role
- Label Engineer
Duties & Responsibilities
- Respond to customer inquiries for quotes, orders and sample requests.
- Assist the Graphics Department on new artwork received by customer by analyzing the customer’s request.
- Submit proofs to customers and follow up with them
- Maintain superior level of accuracy while doing any work, particularly involving order management.
- Communicate with Graphics Department and the Production Team to verify all information is correct and understood.
- Acquire knowledge of all products and follow office procedures for all systems
Key Technical Skills & Knowledge
- Customer relationship experience in Manufacturing or in Customized Products
- Three years’ experience in CSR or Inside Sales
- MS Office experience with either Access or Excel
- Computer literacy at Medium Level
- Detail-oriented/focused/good attention span
- Excellent in telephone etiquette and protocol
- Excellent communication skills/active listener/concise communicator
- Organized and neat
- Possesses knowledge of the structure and rules of grammar
- Quick learner of product and service knowledge
- Experienced in Customer Service and Inside Sales, or equivalent education
- Packaging industry experience is not required. Alpine will provide training to new employees
General Job Description
This Full-Time Graphic Designer will be required to translate and build graphics for both flexographic and digital printing, meeting and exceeding the customer’s expectations. The ability to understand the brand requirements of the client/customer in order to create the information and emotion that meet and exceed the customer expectation is a key success factor. This individual should be creative in nature, be good at meeting deadlines and working within set timelines, and possess solid computer knowledge and skills with a working knowledge of MAC operating systems. A high level of accuracy and attention to detail along with good organizational skills are critical. This individual must have good communication and listening skills and enjoy being part of a team.
- Given customer supplied samples, sketches, notes or electronic files to develop the graphics within specified parameters for flexographic and digital printing.
- Build art to the correct sizes according to the exact specifications provided by customer.
- Make corrections to customer supplied art, setting type, simplifying vector art supplied by customer, color separation of line art elements, simplifying color pallets, adding all marks and tag lines, adding all printers’ marks, and checking the customer’s supplied artwork.
- Build graphics using press specs for separations, traps, bleeds, etc.
- Output laser/inkjet proofs and press accurate proofs.
- Produce and verify printable bar codes.
- Create job layout and printing marks to customer specifications.
- Apply bump curves, cutbacks and screen angles for flexo final plating finals.
- Exercise good judgment and decision-making based upon the client’s requirements and the plate making and printing processes being used.
- Ability to accurately check files for color separations, min dots, minimum press specs, spelling, document size, etc.
- Any other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Solid customer focused philosophy and ability to work directly with customers.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- General flexographic and digital knowledge is desired. Ability to learn is essential.
- Solid computer skills and working knowledge of MAC OS along with various software, including Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Photoshop. Knowledge in Esko would be a plus.
- Must possess excellent oral and written communication, organization and problem solving skills.
- Ability to handle demanding schedules and multiple priorities.
Associate Degree (or equivalent) or related years’ experience within Industry is desirable.
General Job Description
Material Handlers handle, move, load and unload all types of materials by hand or using a variety of material handling equipment. They work in the production, shipping, receiving, stocking and delivery processes handling parts, supplies and products thru-out the ALPINE Supply Chain. They need to ensure that all materials are placed in their proper position and or location and are available for use where they are needed. Additionally, they utilize computerized or automated systems to perform required transactions and fill out appropriate paperwork or forms required for documentation and to accomplish tasks. This is a full time, entry-level position that includes a generous benefits package.
Duties & Tasks
- Perform general physical activities in order to load, unload, sort and move product, stock and materials by hand or by using basic material handling equipment such as forklifts, pallet jacks, hand trucks or dollies. Lift up to 70 lbs. and maneuver up to 150 lbs.
- Read work orders and receive oral instructions for work assignments
- Assemble, Pack and Mark product boxes and pallets per standard
- Load and unload material from trucks
- Thoroughly know the entire Plant and warehouse layout so as to know exactly the proper place of every individual material
- Package product + build pallets for shipment according to proper shipping and customer specifications
- Count and or weigh product and material per procedure
- As required, verify material against purchase order and packing lists to ensure accuracy of the delivery
- Per Production Schedule, prepares, delivers and stages required material and production supplies to press
- Maintain storage areas per standard and carry out assigned housekeeping and 5-S duties
- Provide information for the completion of incident reports in relation to health and safety issues or material spills
- Operate a core cutter based on proper instructions
- Operate a press/re-winder based on proper instructions for slitting and rewinding stocks
- Train and learn to operate a printing press for basic printing of labels.
Required Competencies / Abilities
- Basic knowledge of health and safety procedures and standards, public safety and security, customer service, basic mathematics, English language.
- Basic listening skills, reading comprehension, writing legibility, oral communication and time management
- Well organized, have a positive attitude, be customer service oriented, self-motivated, patient and industrious
- Basic understanding and or ability to learn Computer associated software (inventory tracking, Work Order status tracking, spreadsheets and electronic mail) Communication devices, scanning equipment, packaging tools, measurement tools, material handling equipment
- Adequate physical strength + stamina , multi-limb coordination, basic oral and written comprehension, control precision and dexterity and arm-hand steadiness
- Know how to reorganize, sort and classify
- Packaging industry experience is not required. Alpine will provide training for new employees
Other Skills, Knowledge, Personal Attributes, Work Values & Styles Important to Succeed in this Position:
Job Task Planning and Organizing
Material Handlers receive assignments from Team Leaders thru the shift and plan how best to sequence tasks to meet deadlines. They may have to adjust these plans if new loads arrive from suppliers sooner than expected. Most activities are routine and follow established procedures. Some liaison with co-workers is needed to co-ordinate the movement of goods into and out of the facility.
Individuals who will succeed in this position value providing service to others, working with co-workers in a friendly environment, and contributing to a safety conscious working environment
The following work styles are attributable to this function: attention to detail, accuracy, dependability, integrity, cooperation, self-control, stress tolerance, adaptability/flexibility, initiative, creative problem solver, and social orientation.
- Discuss and co-ordinate tasks with coworkers
- Interact with Team Leaders, Office Staff and management to get direction and to problem solve
- Speak with Front Office regarding material deliveries, inventory control, customer shipments
Working with Others
Material Handlers often work with a partner, although they may also work alone or independently. Partnering is important when moving heavy materials, when trying to load or unload trucks quickly, or when other material handling health and safety considerations demand it.
Future Skills Affecting Essential Qualifications:
The ability to demonstrate interest, motivation and aptitude regarding acquiring additional skill sets in order to enhance Plant flexibility and provide additional capacity when required would be considered a positive qualification and make a person’s application more likely to be selected.
Flexographic Press Operator
ALPINE PACKAGING is offering an immediate, full-time position for an experienced Flexo Printing Press Operator able to run a narrow web flexographic press for a custom manufacturer known for quick turnaround, high quality pressure sensitive labels and tapes.
The ideal candidate will be experienced and able to setup, qualify and print 2 to 6 color jobs on a variety of presses utilizing process and spot printing.
Setup, operate and maintain a multi-color Flexographic press (Mark Andy’s and Webtron press experience is a plus) using water-based inks. Manage all aspects of press performance including productivity, quality, housekeeping and basic maintenance. Qualified candidates must have flexographic press experience, excellent attendance and must have the ability to work in a team environment. Troubleshooting and adjusting as needed, maintaining proper speed, understanding and following customer requirements as noted on the work order and communicating with shift personnel and management regarding workflow, problems and schedule attainment are all Key Success Factors. Interested candidates must have the maturity and accountability to follow procedures and established protocol.
Only candidates that can pass a background check and drug screening will be considered.