Employment OpportunitiesAbout Alpine
Since 1972, Alpine Packaging, Inc. has been committed to providing high quality customized packaging, continuity in superior service, and customer satisfaction in an employee-friendly environment with the utmost integrity.
At Alpine, we are always looking for stellar talent. If you think that you’d be a valuable addition to our team, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Hiring Inquiry. Click on the job title below to see its description:
General Job Description
The primary responsibility of the job is to review all Customer work order requirements and schedule the appropriate Production Press to achieve the promise date expectation. This entails initiating allocation of Work Order raw material requirements, submitting material requisitions, monitoring of on-hand stock level accuracy especially roll width and length and tracking of Purchase Order delivery dates. Additionally, the Scheduler is to review the work order status backlog frequently maintaining a focus on the specifications required. (Primarily gearing and color requirements) This allows for the optimum sequencing of work lined up for the most efficient production performance.
Duties and Tasks
- Schedule work for the Production Department.
- Develop a daily shift plan for each individual press operator.
- Reviews all repeat and new orders delivered to scheduling inbox after technical review step
- Check and monitor promise dates, expedite notations, and react to feedback from Customer Service, Sales Group, Print Product Manager and Account Manager(s). Determine shipping status for the current day and tomorrow for both completes and partials. Communicate with Shipper thru-out the shift.
- Assign allocated work orders ‘pick lists’ to Production Enhancer. Monitor staging area; ensure physical order is matched with allocated material on skid.
- Trains + Supervises Production Enhancer. Monitors daily activities and prioritizes as required.
- Follow-up thru-out shift with plate-maker regarding priority of plates to be made, plates to be pulled, replacement of worn plates and filing away of plates for completed jobs.
- Reviews each order in system; verifies material availability and allocates material. Coordinates/communicates with Purchasing and Print Product Manager with any questions and concerns.
- Oversee and generate requisitions and/or add to existing requisitions for stock inventory and work closely with Purchasing on all material orders. Daily review of requisition(s) status. Provides input on current material stock and commodity (inks, cores and boxes) usages, stock levels and future needs as needed.
- Reviews orders and determines roll width. Reviews inventory and provides input to Purchasing if certain roll widths are required to be ordered. Determines requirements to slit any inventory
- Co-ordinate and establish slitting schedule. Checks what has been slit and matches up slit stock with work order.
- On-going monitoring of all ‘in-process’ tire work orders, on-going calculations of stock requirements to full-fill ‘how many rolls are needed/ remaining on order’
- Organizes work orders to floor that are on hold for material or tooling. Monitor status daily.
- Updates Work Order Status System; Releases and moves orders as status changes.
- Monitors Ink Inventory. Orders as required.
- Q.C. checks/1st piece (if required)
- For tire-orders, checks all ‘cross-overs’
- Matches/reviews/approves Color checks
- Assist press operators with set-up issues as required
- Working with the Press Operator, answers questions as needed/ assists with production trouble-shooting as needed.
- Assists in receiving stock, ensures Inventory Handler enters date received into system
- Relieves stock (Inventory system)
- Monitors air knives sharpening schedule
- Working within the Press Operator monitors tooling condition, receives and solicits input from operators regarding tooling working condition, determines if tooling needs to be sharpened and ensures selected tooling is sent out for service.
- Special projects as assigned
Skills and Requirements
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, English language
- Attention to detail
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Self-motivated, reliable
- Basic math skills
- Good team player, ability to work with others, strong interpersonal skills
- Positive attitude
- 100% of Daily Activities are completed in the plant production/warehouse area
- At times specific job tasks require ability to operate a pallet jack pushing and pulling 125 lb. Stock rolls
- Must be able to lift at least 50 pounds and be able to stand for periods of time, sit, bend, kneel, crouch and reach
- High school diploma or equivalent, Industry experience in Flexographic printing/related areas a plus, Alpine will provide specific process training
- Competitive Benefits Package
- Full-Time, Day Shift
Flexographic Press Operator
ALPINE PACKAGING is offering an immediate, full-time position for an experienced Flexo Printing Press Operator able to run a narrow web flexographic press for a custom manufacturer known for quick turnaround, high quality pressure sensitive labels and tapes.
The ideal candidate will be experienced and able to setup, qualify and print 2 to 6 color jobs on a variety of presses utilizing process and spot printing.
Setup, operate and maintain a multi-color Flexographic press (Mark Andy’s and Webtron press experience is a plus) using water-based inks. Manage all aspects of press performance including productivity, quality, housekeeping and basic maintenance. Qualified candidates must have flexographic press experience, excellent attendance and must have the ability to work in a team environment. Troubleshooting and adjusting as needed, maintaining proper speed, understanding and following customer requirements as noted on the work order and communicating with shift personnel and management regarding workflow, problems and schedule attainment are all Key Success Factors. Interested candidates must have the maturity and accountability to follow procedures and established protocol.
Only candidates that can pass a background check and drug screening will be considered.
Customer Service/Inside Sales Representative
General Job Description
Interact with Customers to provide information in response to inquiries/quotes about products and services, and when required handle and resolve Customer concerns, complaints and issues. The CSR is responsible for inside sales and order entry. This is a full time position with a generous benefits package. Some customer service experience in a relevant office setting, or equivalent education, is desired.
Goals & Objectives for Maintaining a Customer Focus:
- Understanding Customer Needs
- Providing Personalized Service
- Acting Professionally
- Keeping Customers Informed
- Sales Role
- Customer Relationship Manager Role
- Order Development and Entry Role
- Label Engineer
Duties & Responsibilities
- Respond to customer inquiries for quotes, orders and sample requests.
- Assist the Graphics Department on new artwork received by customer by analyzing the customer’s request.
- Submit proofs to customers and follow up with them
- Maintain superior level of accuracy while doing any work, particularly involving order management.
- Communicate with Graphics Department and the Production Team to verify all information is correct and understood.
- Acquire knowledge of all products and follow office procedures for all systems
Key Technical Skills & Knowledge
- Customer relationship experience in Manufacturing or in Customized Products
- Three years’ experience in CSR or Inside Sales
- MS Office experience with either Access or Excel
- Computer literacy at Medium Level
- Detail-oriented/focused/good attention span
- Excellent in telephone etiquette and protocol
- Excellent communication skills/active listener/concise communicator
- Organized and neat
- Possesses knowledge of the structure and rules of grammar
- Quick learner of product and service knowledge
- Experienced in Customer Service and Inside Sales, or equivalent education
- Packaging industry experience is not required. Alpine will provide training to new employees